Calling all Senior Developers!
We are a hungry company with huge ambitions and a super talented team. We have an exciting client base and work on a wide range of projects.
Our technical team is growing fast and so we’re on the lookout for Senior Developers to join our passionate team in the heart of London's digital hub.
Why you would enjoy working here
As one of the Senior Developers at Acknowledgement (there are currently 4 of you) you will be leading a variety of web and mobile projects, getting your hands dirty writing code and generally looking after Acknowledgement’s technical output.
We don't want to pigeonhole our developers into a particular speciality – so you’d particularly enjoy working with us if you want to use the whole range of your skills in the team but also with our clients.
If, like us, you’re passionate about internet and mobile technologies, and keen to up-skill and train others in the team, keep reading.
Last month you would have
- Worked on new functionality for a business transforming, content managed quote and buy platform which we have built & maintain for a major UK utility company
- Created a multi-platform, two-screen iOS app for a very popular TV channel
- Made multiple Facebook apps for a UK-wide events organisation
- Set up a multi-skinned, multi-lingual media press centre for one of the world’s largest hotel groups
- Coded a B2B data collection hub for one of the UK's leading cinema companies
- Built some amazing new features into our in-house PHP MVC framework
- Plus loads more…
If you’re a web developer and want to get into mobile development - we'll give you any additional training you may require to take your skills to the next level!
You'd be in charge of
- Building and maintaining websites, mobile sites and apps, obviously.
- Meeting with clients to understand their needs and discuss and propose technical solutions.
- Writing responses to new projects, together with the other teams (Design and Client Services).
- Checking your own and the team’s code to ensure it’s valid, properly structured, meets industry standards and is compatible with all common browsers, devices and operating systems.
- Reading, researching, going to conferences, workshops and groups to keep up with current web technologies and programming practices.
- Overseeing the output of more junior team members, providing support and assistance where needed.
You should have these things
- Minimum five years commercial experience in a developer role, preferably with experience working in a busy agency environment.
- Expert knowledge hand-coding standards-compliant, semantic HTML and CSS, with a good knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3.
- Confident using Adobe Photoshop to translate beautiful visual design into beautiful web pages.
- Minimum three years experience working with object-oriented PHP and SQL using at least one PHP MVC framework (e.g. CodeIgniter, CakePHP).
- Experience with source control systems (preferably Git).
- Good UNIX and Linux sysadmin skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Client-facing experience.
It would be even better if you also had
- Experience in mobile or software development (e.g. Objective-C / iOS, Java / Android etc).
If you think this could be you - get in touch! Send your CV and some examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
(NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE, I REPEAT NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE)